Tuesday, July 27, 2010

brrrrr

Yesterday at work I went from having no plans at all to being busy all night! After dinner, a group of KU girls and I went to Abbey Road! It really is funny when you get there because there are cars and traffic. Because of this, groups of four usually are standing at the famous cross walk waiting to walk across and take their picture and it is very stressful. Eventually the traffic lulled enough for us to get our picture taken! We then walked by Abbey Road Studios where the walls outside are covered with writing. I brought a marker for just this reason.

Us on Abbey Road!


With the Street Sign:



It was really fun to see what other people had written and see how many people do really love The Beatles!

Afterwards we had booked our evening at the Absolut Ice Bar!It was surprisingly difficult to find even though it was off of Regent street which is huge. As our time inside began, we each got a huge parka and gloves to wear inside. It really was freezing, at -5 Celsius or 27 Fahrenheit I was glad I wore boots and long sleeves. We claimed our drinks which were in glass cups, and my drink glowed in black light! All of the drinks were really strong as they were made with Absolut Vodka but they were yummy! We spent our remaining 30 minutes or so walking around and taking pictures and shivering in general. It was really funny and cool and I knew I would regret not going while I was in London!

So Cold!



Today during lunch I went on a mini-adventure to go vintage shopping back in Soho. It was a bit of a trek but I was determined. One shop was all really retro stuff but one thing really struck me. In the US I love going to vintage stores to find cool t-shirts and I was looking forward to getting some from the UK. Little did I know, that what is considered a 'cool' vintage shirt are things like Hard Rock Cafe Las Vegas, Busch Gardens Florida, Everything's Bigger in Texas, YMCA, etc. All of the shirts were American! I gave up on finding some type of cool shirt from the UK and tried the next place. This place was more like designer clothing and shoes second-hand and I ended up buying a pair of jeans for £2! I hurried back to work and finished up the day.

We had big plans tonight! Molly, Kelsie and I were set to go to The Globe to see Henry IV Pt.1. I didn't know that much about but I assumed what could be better than watching a Shakespeare play where they were meant to be acted. Molly and I met for dinner before and grabbed some yummy tapas near the river, then went inside. We splurged for the upper gallery, as seats are opposite at the Globe- cheap bad seats at the bottom, the higher up the more expensive. The show was so amazing! I feel like now that I've seen Shakespeare performed at The Globe, nowhere else can be as good. Our seats were perfect and the show was better than I could have ever imagined it. Busy week but so glad we're fitting everything in!

View from our Seats!


View of everyone who stood for 3+ hours!


More exciting London things to come this week...

cb

No comments:

Post a Comment