Friday, July 16, 2010

Molly Takes a Tumble

This week went by pretty fast at work! I spent my time doing a variety of tasks from buying reviews of completed campaigns to collecting competitor information for a new pitch. I'm still enjoying everything and I'm just hoping I'll be able to really get inside some of my coworkers heads before the end of my time at MEC.

Tuesday night the roomies went to see Eclipse! It was quite hard for me to wait so long to see it as it came out June 30 in the US and July 9th in the UK, but we were in Dublin! We were interested to see if seeing a movie in the UK would be different than the US...and it was a bit. After finding the theatre, we bought our tickets with assigned seats! Movie food was standard but we were surprised to find that the theatre wasn't stadium seating like most theatres nowadays. Regardless, I loved the movie and will probably go see it again back in the US.


Thursday we were prepped and ready to hit up Boujis to try and catch a glimpse of a celeb.We had to call to get on the guestlist that day! This is the kind of place that will turn you down if they don't like the way you're dressed. A group of us from the building headed down to arrive at 10:45 (early for London!) since we needed to make sure we could get in. After checking us off the list, we entered excitedly. The club is downstairs and it really is beautiful. Boujis has a strict no photography rule so we don't have any pictures but we'll survive. After about an hour the club started getting full, and we even saw a group of students doing the EUSA program there. The drinks were fabulous, especially my passionfruit cocktail! After a long evening, we headed towards our favorite stop; Burger King. After that, Molly took a few tumbles in her new and beautiful shoes.

This morning we had our lovely lecture, but the highlight was our lecturer poking fun at us for being right-wing rich kids. We grabbed a quick lunch and started at the Science Museum. If you don't like kids, this is not the place for you. It was cool but the kids everywhere made it hard for me to play at all the exhibits. Rachel, Molly and I checked out Selfridges (recently awarded the Best Department Store) and I'm glad we did. Selfridges is like Harrod's but a bit less crowded and better organized. It also is a tad more reasonable. I got a few things and we went home to rest for a while.

For dinner we went to Nando's down the street, but for my second visit there I ventured onto getting Hot instead of Medium and it was a bit of a mistake. My mouth was on fire the majority of the night.

We are all having a chill night as we have to be ready at 8am for our day trip to Canterbury! I will be getting the most sleep tonight of the whole time in London!

I'll report back Sunday with more weekend details!

cb

1 comment:

  1. What kind of food at Nando's - Indian? Even I dont get hot !!

    ReplyDelete