Thursday, June 17, 2010

That's Brill!

Just a quick summary of my first week of work! So far it's been really great. The atmosphere is way more casual than I expected, which is nice but bad for my wardrobe because I brought all professional clothes! I've been bringing my lunch to save money which works out because I can eat with Courtney in the cafe.

Also in the cafe, my favorite part, is the toaster(conveyor belt style) and nutella everyday! I haven't been eating breakfast at home because I want to eat my toast with the nutella they have at work! Also there is fruit every morning.

I've been doing all sorts of different things, which is what I think the whole summer will be like. So far I've worked on several of MEC's big clients; Chanel, Sony Ericsson and Danone (Which in America is Danon). The resources and programs they have are so helpful for researching and gathering information and makes me job really easy. Some of the tasks I've worked on include making powerpoints and excel charts comparing competitors to these brands and also gathering information for presentations that will be given to clients. One of my favorite things this week was sitting in on a meeting with someone from Chanel learning about exactly what MEC does for Chanel. It was really my first introduction to the beginning to end media buying process. It was so interesting and it helped me see what my role my jobs will play in the big scheme of things.

By now I have met everyone in the press team but I'm looking forward to meet more people and learn more about the industry in general. I can't wait for the rest of the summer!

This weekend we are going to the Imperial war museum, watching both the US and England World Cup games and then going out for my 21st birthday on Sunday! I'm sure it will be a blast!

cb

No comments:

Post a Comment