Thursday, June 24, 2010

"F!%#*G Yanks" -And other phrases heard at work..

Just a quick update on my second week of work!

It's been really great as I get more used to the different programs and clients and I'm really enjoying it. This week I did a variety of things but mostly with Chanel and Sony Ericsson. My favorite thing this week was today actually when I went to a presentation where anyone from the company could present something they had done that month. Some members of my team presented a campaign for Sony Ericsson where augmented reality was the main form of sponsored advertising. It was cool to learn how they put it together and the amazing results they got. We also heard about a new Google technology that MEC used before any other agency, and last about how packaging your pitch and campaign can make all the difference.


Things I've learned at work so far:
1) Keyboard are very different. And some keyboards that are labeled British are actually American!
2) Tea all day every day. 5 cups or more
3) All kinds of foul language are work appropriate. All the 'bad' words you can think of, I heard at work this week.
4) World Cup rules all. I got off work 5 hours early when England had a game during the day
5) Media Buying is fun. I really love learning about it and I can tell everyone at MEC loves their job and is really committed to their clients.

This weekend we will be busy with the Museum of London, Seeing Oliver, maybe Chinatown for dinner, Stonehenge/Bath, lots of pub crawling etc I'm sure, and Sunday Kelsie and I are going to the Hard Rock Calling Music Festival!

Can't wait for this weekend!

cb

No comments:

Post a Comment