Thursday, April 1, 2010

April Fools!




Well obviously, I write on this blog all the time. I'm trying to get back to it, my goal being 3-4 posts per week. While I have been thinking of fun and interesting topics to blog about, it took this long for me to get enough free time to write!
April Fools is a fun excuse to play pranks on your friends. I remember when I was younger, I went to extraordinary lengths to fool my parents. Some of my
favorites were creating a fake math test that I had "failed" and having my dad sign off on the grade, or pretending to injure myself (although with the frequency of my current clumsiness that's not so funny). Today I (and the billion of other people who play on the internet) foun
d a particularly clever one.

I knew about a month ago about a strange Topeka, Kansas and google connection. I had heard through the grapevine (which is quite small considering I live in Kansas) that Topeka had officially changed their name to Google. I could never figure it out, what was the point. Then today when I got onto twitter and noticed Topeka was a trending topic. I was shocked to see that Justin Bieber was not a trending topic today (jk).
Long story short, google.com has changed their title page to read Topeka!

hilarious. I'm sure I'll hear more pranks going on today, but hopefully
none will be done to me!

and hopefully I will write more than once every 2 months!

cb


*UPDATE

woah woah woah...I was a little behind the times. Here are some even better/worse April Fools pranks:

funnyordie.com has changed its entire site to justin bieber related things! I love this one.



On the other hand, this one hits home a little too much...

ouch foxnews...ouch.


No comments:

Post a Comment